As Roger Bernadina progresses through life, we learn more about him. Several month ago, we posted Shark Facts with some general info about Bernadina. More recently, we posted More Shark Facts. When I say "more recently," I mean that it was almost 2 months ago...too long. Seeing as the Shark's game in Syracuse was rained out yesterday, it seems like a perfect opportunity to supply you with even more Shark facts...
- Sharks and dinosaurs lived together between 64-450 million years ago. Then Bernadina got sick of dinosaurs.
- Every shark attack in history was caused because "the victim" said Roger Bernadina's name in vain.
- Like some other sharks, Roger Bernadina is considered endangered because he is the only Shark of his kind. Scientists agree, however, unlike other sharks, Roger Bernadina has no chance of becoming extinct.
- The hydraulic rescue tool, Jaws of Life was modeled after Bernadina's own jaw.
- In the 1960's live action Batman series, Batman is seen battling a shark with Shark Repellent Bat Spray, which causes the shark to explode. Fear of Bernadina's backlash caused ABC to take the show off the air and urge the Surgeon General to ban the spray.
- Some shark's skin can be up to 14 cm thick. Shark detractors are very lucky this is the case...
- There was a common myth that sharks don't attack in the middle day. This was disproven at Roger Bernadina's first professional day game.
- In addition to his baseball skills, Roger Bernadina is the best damn pool player on earth.
- "Hammerhead Attacks a Tarpon" YouTube video, which prominently features Roger Bernadina, has 8 million views. Sadly, 7.5 Million of those views are by us at Sharkadina.
- Roger Bernadina can catch anything.
|Who thought grenade baseball was a smart idea?|
More to come.