I also had tickets to see my home-state team the Milwaukee Brewers on Saturday and Sunday. As we all know, Saturday got rained out so the Nationals played a double header yesterday. I went with "ElizaShark" and we enjoyed the first game and the start of the second game in perfect baseball weather.
- I'm so glad that Espinosa is now batting lead-off. Desmond's slump has been especially frustrating because I inexpliciably drafted him for my fantasy team.
- The other frustrating thing is how AWFUL Mike Morse is playing. It seems like he "jumped the shark" when they named him everyday LF two weeks into Spring Training.
- For all the emphasis that Rizzo placed on defense in the off-season it is hard to see that on the field (especially the outfield), but Adam LaRoche has made some sweet plays at first that Dunn could never pull off in a million years.
- For as much as I HATE the Phillies (and their fans), Cliff Lee pitched a great game Thursday night. What was even more impressive was J-Zimm hanging in there with him through 5.
- I will yell "Bring Back Peaches" every time Clippard comes out of the bullpen. Regardless of a crappy warm up song, he sure is looking great on the mound. I cringe when Slaten, Gaudin, or Broderick come out.
- The first game on Sunday was one of the most fun I've been to at Nats Park- I think a combination of the weather and the double header increased attendance. The Nats brought their offense and really got the crowd going!
- Finally, I am still holding out hope that the Shark will be called up soon. If he keeps doing well in Syracuse and Ankiel, Morse, Nix, and Stairs keep disappointing, it is only a matter of time.