That said, below is a list of shark specific facts about Roger Bernadina
- Sharks don't sleep. Bernadina is no different. When everyone else goes to bed, he swims a lap around the earth.
- Shark attacks are on the rise globally. When Bernadina arrived at Spring Training, they immediatly dropped to zero.
- Conversely, over 100 million sharks are killed each year. It's what they get for treading on Bernadina's turf.
- Garry Marshall had to get Bernadina's approval before they could air Fonzie using water skis to jump the shark on Happy Days.
- Sharks don't have a single bone in their body. Roger Bernadina's "broken ankle" in 2009 was all a ploy so he could be involved in the filming of the Discovery Channel's Shark Week. Mike Rizzo was too scared to say no.
- Whale Sharks grow to 45 feet long and weigh 30,000 lbs. Every morning, Bernadina stacks three of them to do bench presses with.
- For most sharks, two-thirds of its brain is devoted to sense of smell. For Bernadina, 100% of his brain is devoted to kicking ass in baseball.
- As the deepest diver, the Portuguese Shark can dive over a mile and a half under water. When it gets there, Bernadina puts it in a headlock and carries to the center of the earth.
- Some sharks are strong enough to bite through steel. Roger Bernadina can bite through all of Pittsburgh
- Roger Bernadina can breathe under water.
More to come.